Studio Update

For the past couple of weeks we have been in the studio, creating the EP. So far we have all the drum tracks laid down. To record the drums I placed 2 AKG C414’s above the drums as overheads, these were placed in a position that meant the whole kit was picked up. The reason I chose to use 414’s was because they are good microphones for this kind of pickup, they got the whole room sound. The kick was mic’d up using an AKG D112 rather than the Audix D6, purely because it has a better pick up of the lower end and it is more reliable. The snare and hats were mic’d using SM57’s. The toms were mic’d using the Audix drum mics.

The bass we chose to D.I in some songs and in others we are recording it through the bass amp using the AKG C414. We have chose to take this route for the more bass driven songs.

We have completed one of the songs on the EP, ‘Love is a Crime’. This is also the song which will be used in the music video. We have been in contact and met up with the two crew members who will be assisting me film the music video, we got them to come along and take a few professional photo shots of the band, individually, as a group and with us. These will all be published online.