Some inspirational ideas for Narrative (LO1)

After talks with the band, passing throwing ideas around I got some well needed information from them of what kind of style they want for their narrative part of the music video.

Originally from my own research I sent the video of Beastie Boys “Sabotage,” as stated in my previous research this is a concept music video quite a good music video, however they wanted something less serious so toning this down. The band then sent me a link to Foo Fighters – “Walk” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU) this has the same premise as Sabotage but it is the less serious vibe they are after which is great! It is a concept video mixed with a performance video, but the performance keeps the storyline which is in the concept video, quite an interesting technique which could be used in the bands music video.

A video like this may be possible for us (just not on such a wide scale). As it contains all band members in both the concept and the performance this could be something we incorporate. For instance following one of the band members but intercutting shots of everyone playing. Then back to the concept story.