‘The Square Bears’ Project Reflection

I think looking back at this project we as ‘The Wrong Shed Productions’ have achieved a great deal, we have successfully created a 5 track EP, a music video, promotional videos and the full marketing strategy which we have contributed to in different ways. The band overall are happy with the product that I have delivered which is the music video. For this I took into account everything the band had said for the editing process, I kept the style of the ‘Noir’ setting they wanted and from doing some research I found what this was in order to be able to create our own version. Respectively I would say this is LO1, LO2 and LO3, I have done my research and shown how companies created music videos, the processes they go through and the final outcome. I have looked at production techniques for the film style of ‘Noir’ and implemented them into my study, this process has also involved good liaison skills with the band which I feel that I have accomplished. I have developed my skills in Adobe Premier Pro to create a professional artefact.

I created album artwork using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, to keep consistency I chose to use a primary and secondary font, the pictures were also black and white which kept to the style of the music video. Throughout the process I have created teasers which aided in the marketing of the products, when we went to see the client perform I took a video of one of their songs, and turned this into a 30 second promo. I did this with all the songs, however I changed the narrative of each using different parts from the music video, placing a different part of the other tracks behind the video. I did this to promote all the products to the pubic, this technique drip-fed the music video to them in small parts but also new songs, this gets people excited for the release of the final product. I placed these videos on social media, as this is where they work the best. These are a contributing factor for LO3 and LO4.

There are some things which could have been improved on, I would say the biggest factor that affected us would be communication, we were always in contact with the band sending them updates on all of our aspects but it seems like they didn’t want to tell us the problems. As of now there are no problems with the final release of the music video and all of the band are happy with this. The issue was with the EP, Oliver sent updates regularly and the band were happy, but a couple of days before release there was a sudden contradiction from the band, the issue has been resolved now thankfully and our material has been released. If I were to repeat this process this would be something to clear up at the start, that we are the employee’s and they can tell us what they want from the product. I do feel that overall we have created a successful product which reflects all the hard work we have put in throughout the project.